Tuesday, June 01, 2004

todays 'great' weather

It's 62 Deg. F. and a possiblility of rain.. Yikes! This may not be interesting to you, other than using this information to carry on a useless conversation with someone you meet, that you really don't have anything to say to. I would be very upset with todays weather if it were not for my situation.

At this time of the year, I'm usually checking the weather and getting ready to motorycycle somewhere. I have a few different bikes that I can ride. That is another choice I would usually be making. "What shall I ride today". Although, since I have this knee injury, I'm prohibited from riding. So, keeping an eye on the weather has taken a back seat to surfing the internet and watching MSNBC news. I do notice when it's nice and casually say to myself: "It would be nice to ride today". I just have to keep my mind occupied with other things and attempt to get well without stressing over not being able to ride. The Doc keeps giving me later and later dates for returning to work.. I dare not ask when I can return to motorcycling. That'll come after I get back to work.

I have TV and internet surfing to keep me busy. I also take old computer boxes and upgrade them by putting in a new motherboard/chip/memory, use all the "old" parts, such as CD-ROM, Floppy drive and hard-drive. Most times it works out to be a very decent computer. Sometimes a bigger hard drive has to be used, most times not. When I'm done with each computer I hunt down a friend who either doesn't have a computer, or needs a faster one. I then advocate... Basically I give them the computer and they either give me a "donation" or not. I usually spend about $150.00 refurbishing them. Either way, I'm happy. I got rid of an old box that's cluttering up my house and I gave one of my friends the ability to be addicted to the internet. One more addict doesn't matter, does it? I'm an internet pusher.

Maybe tomorrow the weather will be a bit nicer.

No comments: