I refinanced my home yesterday. The end of a long process which included a visit by an 'assessor'. Now, if you don't know, an assesor is some "PERSON" and I use that term loosely!!
who, determines a value on the home. He then relays his finding to the mortgage company. The mortgage company then either, qualify or disqualify your application for a loan. Well, the assessor said the bathroom needed wallcovering. Which DISQUALIFIED me for the loan, unless I did the repairs.
Some numbers here? My loan would be 50% of the value the assessor put on my house. Even if it didn't HAVE a bathroom, it's still a good risk to give someone a loan for 50% of the value! So, what's the problem? I'm in an urban area... Oh... so, high risk... hmmmm. I called the mortgage company and 'explained' how this would seem to be prejudicial, if left as is. The mortgage co. recinded the bathroom repairs and the closing proceeded... with a hitch.
The closing agent showed up. Guess what he did within 5 minutes of being there? He HAPPENED to have to use the bathroom.. Then in the end he HAPPENED to say that he was also an insurance adjuster.. hmmm what a coincidence.
Just another small annoyance in the life of an informed adult attempting to better their financial position.
If you have any doubt about banks/lending institutions being evil... I hope this story cleared it up for you.
Friday, June 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment