Tuesday, August 05, 2008

its been a long time

I was lost in a maze of internet pages and forgot all about this blogger acct.
Well, Google took over this thing and sent me an email so.. I'm back!
Lots of things happened, some good, some not so good.
I lost a LOT of money in the stock market last year..
I was a Good thing I lost it last year!
This year was even worse.
I got out of day trading just in time to watch others lose their fortune in a market made for speculators.
I am back at my regular job,
except I can't run and jump like I used to..
then again....
I'm over 50! how much should I be able to do anyway!
I lost my other cat to cancer not 4 months after 'fatso'.
They lived together since they were kittens.
I think 'nosey' was just heart broken.. so was I. :(
I have not gotten any pets since.
I find it liberating to not have to come home to feed and visit a pet that may or may not even know me..
they just know I feed them and I'm the only warm body that goes there.
I do, however, miss the greetings that pets give you,
as well as the unconditional acceptance that humans rarely if ever give.
I have a pretty common digestive disorder that sometimes causes people to die. Mostly, you just live in bouts of flare ups and remissions until you die of something else.
I'm in a 'flare up' now.
I've had 10 surgeries so far.
I'm running out of guts for them to take out.
When I do run out. it's over.
Not 'over' like dead.
I just won't be able to eat.
I'll be living on I.V. and Air!! :)
I've lived longer than most people who've had it bad.
So, I do whatever I can to make everyday a special and enjoyable day...
Most times.... that doesn't happen, but I try.
It's new for me to get back into blogging so, give me a chance to gear up.
I'll put up some quite interesting things.
I've lost touch with lots of friends over the past few years,
and gained some new ones.
I hope to have the new ones become old friends...
That doesn't always happen.
I'm living day to day.
Everyone should, to some degree.
We all were programmed by our family to:
Save for the future.
Don't burn bridges, you may need to go back.
Take care of your body, it's the only one you'll get.
Watch out! (just a general paranoid statement)
So, I've done some of the 'lessons' that we are all told to do...
What if .... it doesn't work out that way...
What if,,, you do and do and do...
and it still ends up .. stuck, hurt, broke, or in trouble.. no matter what you do!
I'm doing just great for having all these things happen to me.
I'm still breathing, still having some fun, still looking for new adventures.
I'll be ok.
Just some thoughts.
thanks for reading.

No comments: